Thursday, September 15, 2016

Only Egyptians May Rule Egypt: Prologue

Prologue

15 December 787
Alexandria

Suhail sat beside his father's bed as the doctor examined him. His health began to deteriorate over the last couple of weeks. Giza walked over to Suhail and shook his head.

"I don't think he will last longer," was his reply. Suhail took a deep breath. He simply walked over to his father's bedside. Giza quietly closed the door as he left. Bishoi opened his eyes and looked at Suhail.

"My son. My brilliant and wonderful son," Bishoi said trying to sit up. Suhail helped him up and handed him a cup of water.

"Where are your siblings? My wives?" he said as he looked around.

"I sent them away." Suhail saw his father's look of disappointment. He stood up.

"Do now worry about that my son." He waved for Suhail to come back, "My time has come my son. I know you are just became a man and now I must hand over a difficult task to you."

" I won't let you down. I will faith serve our sultan," Suhail said as he refilled his father cup. Bishoi took another drink. He smiled at him.

"Thank you but that is not my final wish. I know that ambition beats in your heart. As it does mine. I will admit with my mouth I professed love for our lord and sultan. Though that had been a ruse. In my heart and with my actions I despised him. I have groomed you for this for all your life. And today I fulfill my part of our great legacy."

"Don't talk in such a manner. You have a thousand more days ahead of you." Suhail tried not to cry but was working.

"My son Allah only gives men as much time to complete their destiny. Do not fret over this. One day you will be before your successor and delivering this message. The foreign bastard and his elk usurped our people's lands. Our emirate are the last stronghold our people because our mighty and wise ancestor bowed a knee. His actions spared us."

"I will not show such cowardice," Suhail said as he lit a nearby candle for more light.

"You misunderstand. In submission there is life. A chance for victory later. Suhail this task has been handed down from successor to successor."

Suhail knelt beside his father's bed. "What task? I will try to complete it." Bishoi put a hand on his head.

"The task my son. Is to restore Egypt to it rightfully rulers. Only an Egypt should have the title of Sultan of Egypt. No one may claim our throne."

"I will not fail you father," Suhail replied as he kissed his father's hand.

"Then I can met Allah and the Prophet knowing that this task will be handled." Bishoi smiled contently.

"Then in your capable I leave a wise council. Your mothers are capable and loving women. Suhaila isn't a wise woman. Her grasp of finances will serve you well. As for my second wife, Sitara rivals most men on the battlefield. Learn from them all you can. Listen to their council in times of trouble." Suhail nodded as Bishoi spoke.

"After my funeral I want you to go on the Hajj. It take your mind off your sorrow and help you walk with Allah."

"I will father," Suhail said as his father brushed a tear away.

"As for your siblings. Take care of them. I know that your only true sibling is Khadija but she died. Now you must look after all the other. Do not use your sisters to further your task. Let them find husbands on their own. As for your brothers...please do not do anything to permanent."

"I will."

"That is good. Do me one last favor. Let me rest a bit." Bishoi settled back down in the bed. As his eyes closed, Suhail knew that his father was now with Allah.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments whether they are what you like about this post or what you didn't like, critiques, suggestions for other games I should do AARs for, questions you would like answered. Please keep them constructive and fairly pleasant.